If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (817) 557-1447

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Living in a House After a Fire

11/2/2021 (Permalink)

Many people assume that once a fire has been extinguished and the smoke has cleared that it’s safe to stay in the house. This is a totally incorrect assumption.

Fire Damage

The extreme heat generated by a fire might cause structural damage to your home that you’re not aware of. This might be further exacerbated when high-pressure water hoses are used by firefighters to extinguish the fire.

Even if your home has suffered no structural damage, debris such as broken glass, etc. might also pose a safety risk.

In addition to the above, millions of homes contain asbestos and lead-based paint. It’s not a health hazard if it’s left undisturbed and in good condition. However, a fire might release microscopic asbestos and lead particles into the air which might have serious health implications.


SERVPRO of North Arlington is here for all of your restoration needs.

Other News

View Recent Posts