If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (817) 557-1447

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

The first days of recovery

10/2/2020 (Permalink)

The first days of recovery

The value of your home and personal belongings. Talk with your insurance company about how to learn the value of your home and property. Replacing valuable documents and records. You may want to replace many of the following documents if they were destroyed or lost in the fire: Driver’s license. Auto registration. Titles and deeds. Insurance policies. Military discharge papers. Passports. Birth, death and marriage certificates. Divorce papers. Social security or Medicare cards. Credit cards. Stocks and bonds. Wills. Medical records. Warranties. Income tax records. Citizenship papers.

Replacing money. Handle burnt money as little as possible. Try to place each bill or part of a bill in plastic wrap to help preserve it. If money is only partly burnt — if half or more is still OK — you can take it to your regional Federal Reserve Bank to get it replaced. Ask your bank for the one nearest you. You can also send the burnt money to the Treasury. For personal delivery and nonpostal couriers, e.g. FedEx/UPS, send to: Bureau of Engraving and Printing MCD/OFM, Room 344A 14th and C Streets SW Washington, DC 20228


SERVPRO of North Arlington is here for all of your restoration needs.

Other News

View Recent Posts