You can’t stop a tropical storm or hurricane, but you can take steps now to protect you and your family.
If you live in areas at risk, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) encourages you to be prepared for hurricane season. The Atlantic hurricane season is June 1 through November 30 each year.
Please follow these important hurricane preparedness tips from CDC:
- Prepare for a hurricane: Take basic steps now to ensure your safety should a storm hit.
- Get emergency supplies: Stock your home and your car with supplies.
- Make a plan: Create a family disaster plan.
- Avoid flooded areas: Take precautions before, during, and after a flood.
- Prepare to evacuate: Never ignore an evacuation order.
- Protect older adults: Understand older adult health and medical concerns.
- Protect your pets: Ensure your pet’s safety before, during, and after an emergency.
- Prevent carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning after the storm: Ensure your CO detector has working batteries. Place generators outside at least 20 feet from any door, window, or vent.
- Stay safe after a hurricane: Learn how to avoid injuries, make sure your food and water are safe, and clean up mold safely.
SERVPRO of North Arlington is here for all of your restoration needs.