Fire Safety Tips
Keep Flammable Materials in Safe Areas
- Remember to keep space heaters at least three feet away from anything that can burn, and always closely supervise children and pets when the heater is turned on.
- Make sure you turn space heaters off when you leave the room.
- If using gasoline-powered devices, store gasoline in a locked location where children cannot access it. Keep only small quantities in an approved container that has child safety features.
Don’t Over Plug
- To prevent possible fires, avoid plugging several appliance cords into the same electrical socket.
Stay Focused Around the Kitchen
- Use common sense in the kitchen. Limit distractions when cooking and don’t leave a hot oven or stovetop unattended.
- Keep anything that can catch fire, such as dish towels or wooden spoons, away from your stovetop.
- Have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen in case of emergency, and make sure you know how it works. You might be surprised that most people don’t know how to use one.
SERVPRO of North Arlington is here for all of your restoration needs.