Fire Safety Tips
Check your Smoke Alarms
- Working smoke alarms reduce the chances of dying in a fire by nearly 50 percent. They are a critical first step for staying safe, but in order to be effective, they have to be working properly.
- For the best protection, install smoke alarms on every level of your home, outside every sleeping area and in each bedroom.
- Use Daylight Savings Time as a reminder to check your smoke alarms. Replace conventional batteries at least once a year, even if alarms are wired directly into your home’s electrical system.
- Consider installing a smoke alarm that has a 10-year battery.
- Smoke alarms expire after 10 years. So if your alarm is more than 10 years old, you should install a new one.
SERVPRO of North Arlington is here 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year ready to serve you!