when it comes to a storm
When it comes to storm damage, basic upkeep goes a long way
- Replacing missing or damaged shingles: if a shingle is damaged, it’s more likely to break free. If it’s missing, well then, you’ve got a gap for wind to get under and do even more damage
- Repair loose siding: he same rules as roofing apply to siding: it’s important to ensure your siding isn’t damaged
- Ensure water can flow away from your home: The grade of your lot should keep water flowing away from your home and into a ditch, drain, or some other proper retention area.
- Keep your gutters clear: Make sure your gutters are free-flowing and your downspouts flow away from your foundation.
- Keep your sump pump in working order: Before Spring rains start up, we suggest checking whether your sump pump is in working order. If you want to feel extra-secure, having a backup sump pump is a sure-fire way to prevent basement flooding.
SERVPRO of North Arlington is here for all of your restoration needs.